flag banner & $2 DIY cake stand

8:54 AM

I actually made them! The flag banners that is. Above is a picture I took of them. I am going to use them for Mimi's party and in her room when I actually put it together. I will post a tutorial this weekend.
Above are the two cake stands that Mimi and I made for her party.

1. I took an old glass shade from a ceiling fan we took down in our house (you can also buy them at the DI for about $.50 a piece)....
2. I Bought 2 plates from the DI for $.75 a piece.
3. spray painted the plate and the glass shade with spray paint, $2.50.
4. hot glued the glass shade to the plate and...
...voila! You have a cute new cake stand for about $2! I got this idea from design sponge, someone did this with candle holders as well and it looked great.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh. These look so great! The banner looks like it should be sold at a boutique for like $50. And the cake stand - so cute! I love Mimi's face in that picture where you guys are spray painting. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Christie, you'll have to come over sometime and I'll show you how to make one. Soooo easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete